Friday, June 3, 2011

My new quilty pleasure

It's so hard to believe that a salad this healthy can be a guilty pleasure but it is. In this I have raw spinach, raw broccoli slaw, sliced strawberries, and frozen breaded chicken breasts that I baked in the oven. There is dressing on this salad. It is actually Raspberry Vinaigrette (one of the Wishbone Salad Spritzers). I made this salad for the first time two nights ago but it didn't last long enough for me to take a pic of it. So I had another one (only because I didn't have a couple of ingredients that I needed for my jambalaya) and I made sure to take a pic this time. You would be amazed at how filling this salad really is. It's so simple I can hardly believe that I am putting it here but man is it delicious!! The varying degrees of crisp and crunch from the spinach, slaw, and chicken  are incredible. The contrast between sweet and savory as well as hot and cold also make this salad great. Your tastebuds will not get bored with this salad.

No comments: