Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jambalaya

As you can see, tonight's dinner was jambalaya. Overall it was okay. To me, it came across as flat, but I realized that I forgot to chop up garlic and add to the trinity. (bell pepper, celery, and onion). I also didn't add the green onions that my recipe called for and I should have.  I didn't mise en place as well as I should have but that is what happens when you get kind of in a hurry. I recommend to anyone who wants to make jambalaya and they roast their own chicken pieces, to use thighs. They stay tender throughout the roasting and after being added to the final jambalaya mixture. I had chicken parts (breasts included) that I  needed to use up quickly and the breast pieces didn't stay as tender as the dark meat did. It wasn't a horrible dish but it didn't blow me away. Like I said before, I know what I cut out and I know now that those ingredients definitely need to be added.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I have a great sausage jambalaya recipe! It's time consuming but delicious.